Baby’s first name which is given by the parents is referred to as a given name. The first name is usually the name which one inherits so this name is given by parents. In most of the countries given name is used as their family name or before the last name. But in countries like Hungary, Japan, China, and others the family name is used prior to the name which is given officially. Moreover, in some countries, the first name is shared among the family members, and the person is referred by that name.
From where the first name originates?
- The extensive and elaborate source of names has been the Bible. David, Sara, and Samuel are some examples whereas many names have been originated in the New Testament. Whereas Hebrew names often contain “el” elements meaning God, comes from the Old Testament. Few examples include Michael means Who is like God, Azraiel means the Lord is my help.
- Other names are derived from Aramic, such as Thomas, Batholomew, and more.
- Some of the names are the source of occupations, which the ancestors or the person possessed. Examples include Kaufmann means a man who handles money whereas George means farmer.
- Further names are given after the personal traits include Faith, Hope, and others. Hebrew name Eitan means solid. Linda means beautiful. Hiroshi means generous.
- Place names are also given like London, Paris, Brittany, and Florence.
- Nature names are also famous like Tulip, Rose, Lilly, and more.
- Greek names are no far away. Greek names are also famous but not all. Some of them are modified into the English language like Lucas, Marina, Jason, Katherine, and more.
- Even the English language words include Brooke, Coral, Scarlet are kept commonly.
- There are male names that have female versions like Michaela, Charlotte, and Stephanie.
- Name for twins are kept in a way that they rhyme. Also, the name Thomas means twin. Names for twins are either inspired by the name of the flower or biblical name is often chosen.
- Few names are influenced by modern culture. Many names are kept after famous personalities. Either the personality is their favorite or dear to them. One example is the name Kayla, the character appeared in the famous soap opera which became popular due to the show’s success.
- There is a trend going on in that trend parents name is merged or the name rhymes or sounds similar to the parent’s name. This trend makes the name unique and there is no specific origin of the name.
- Various letters are chosen by the majority. A girl names Italian is famous in Italy likewise other letters are famous in other countries and regions.
- Other names include the name of the season, months, objects. Examples include May, April, August, etc whereas other examples include Rock. There are many names which have unknown sources and that doesn’t matter. All it matters is what the parents and family love to do for their new little angels.